Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Toddler Dictionary - "No, let me do it!"


When a toddler says ...

"No, let me do it!"

What they really mean is ...

"I can tell that you are in a hurry, but I know that I must be dressed before we can leave and I am enjoying this particular television program."

Used in a sentence ...

"No, let me do it!" Timmy cried as he yanked the Spongebob underwear from his mother's hands.

"No, let me do it!" Timmy cried as he yanked the Spongebob underwear from his mother's hands as she tried to explain that she was only positioning the underwear to get Timmy started.

This phrase is often followed by ...

The toddler holding the garment up and slowly poking his arms or toes aimlessly about the garment while he continues to watch television in the other direction.

This usually causes the parent to exclaim "Well then do it!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have sooo been there. I laughed out loud for this one!