Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pasta Poblano


This is what a poblano pepper looks like. I grow Poblanos in my garden and have a huge ziplock full in the freezer. Poblanos are a little hot, but not like jalapeno hot.

Pasta Poblano

1 lb Uncooked linguine
2 to 4 Poblanos (depending on size)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Onion, chopped
1 cup whipping cream (or lighter cream)
2 tbs butter
salt and pepper to taste
4 oz shredded mozzarella

De-seed the poblanos and cook them, with the pasta, al dente, in a big pot.

Drain pasta and remove poblanos.

Put poblanos in a blender with garlic, onion, and cream. Puree

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add blended sauce and salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes.

Stir in cooked and drained pasta and mozzarella. Cook 10 minutes.

Serve topped with grilled chicken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This pasta is delicious!! I crave it and ask Jeff to make it. And it doesn't have to be topped with chicken. It is good alone, and I think grilled shrimp would be good with it. We had a bowl of left-over pasta poblano in the fridge that I planned to bring for lunch but forgot. My purchased bowl of chili was not nearly as good!!