Monday, September 05, 2005

Old West Tales - Hector's Express Sidewalk

For an intoduction to Old West Tales, click here: Old West Tales - Introduction

Old West Dorm is in a great location, close to classes and also to Franklin Street. In fact, there was this one side walk that went from the door of Old West, all the way to Franklin Street, ending right in front of Hector's, one of my favorite resteraunts in Chapel Hill. Hector's was a grill that served "greek" food. You walked in, got in line, ordered your food, and by the time you got to the end of the counter, your food was ready. My favorite things at Hector's was greek grilled cheese (grilled cheese on pita bread) and Double cheeseburger on pita (self explanatory). Of course Hector's followed my tried and true formula of grease = taste. Most people considered Hectors late-night-drunk-food, and late-night was when the line was out the door, but I liked Hector's at all times of day. Many times I remember strolling the shops and boutiques of Franklin street waiting for 11:00 am so that Hector's would open and I could get lunch.

There were many mornings at Old West where I would wake up with a stomache ache, and due to my state of mind the night before, have no recollection of why my stomach hurt so bad. As soon as I got out of bed, mystery solved when I found partially crumbled sheets of aluminum foil with pools of mustard-tinged grease in them - The Hectors express sidewalk.

Click here for video of Hector's: Hector's Video

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe the night of the Specter did not make the cut. Just as well. Wouldn't want all references to me revolve around fights and cops.