Friday, September 30, 2005

Bachelor Party Fun

Went to my brother-in-law's bachelor party this weekend.

Great thing about bachelor parties is telling wife/girlfriend, "I just feel like I have to go for _______ (friend or relative)."

Best fun at bachelor parties = Getting drunk and scaring drunk non-married or no-kids-yet guys about how their life is about to be ruined. (I don't really believe this but it is still fun)

So, at the party I was working an engaged guy in the kitchen area of the condo,

"You know those things that you do, those bad habits that your fiance is so cool for letting you do and letting you get away with? As soon as you get married, even though she entered the marriage with full knowledge, she will make you quit half of those things. And then when you have kids, you can kiss the other half goodbye..."

When in walks this guy who I had never met who joins in and starts helping me. I was just kidding and doing it for fun, but this other married guy was truely bitter and was venting about his wife being pregnant with their third child.

So we start double teaming this drunk engaged guy, he is wincing and cringing in pain,

"...and then she decides that she wants another kid ... you will definitely have to pay for private school...."

"... have you ever watched Barney?..."

"...What time do you wake up on the weekend? Well my kids wake us up before seven EVERY DAY..."

By the end we were laughing at the engaged guy, taunting him. Good times.

As for the rest of the party, what happens in Folly Beach stays in Folly Beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was the drunk guy wincing in pain. That sure was fun. You guys worked well together.
I was like...no, no, no, my girl's cool. Ya'll were like,...dude, she won't be...just wait.


By the way, The wedding's off. I'm selling all my stuff and moving to Honduras.