Friday, September 02, 2005

Not an idiot, just human

In this photo, I am doing something that I hate. I notice other people doing it, and think they are idiots. Why am I holding up one finger, as if to say "We are number 1"? On TV, you see people do it at every game for every sport, often they are also mouthing "number one, baby."

Most of the time, as was the case in this photo, the person showing the "number 1" sign is not cheering or supporting a team that is really the top team in the given sport, or even the best team in their respective conference or league. This was the first game of the College Football Season and not only is South Carolina not "number 1", we are not even ranked in the top 25. Although I am excited about Steve Spurrier, I am just hoping that we get 6 wins and beat Clemson.

So why did I do it? A = Human reflex

When a human is at a sporting event and they are suddenly placed on camera, a reflex makes that finger go up.

No comments: