Wednesday, January 31, 2007

TKGIE - KFC

Welcome to another installment of Today's Kids Got It Easy where I talk about how much easier my kids have it than I did growing up in the 70's and 80's.

When I was a little kid and I had a craving for finger licking good fried chicken, I had to ask my parents if we could go to "Kentucky Fried Chicken".

"Kentucky Fried Chicken" is 6 syllables. That is a mouthfull.

Todays Kids Got It Easy because all they have to do is ask to go to "KFC"

Why did the restaurant chain formerly known as "Kentucky Fried Chicken" change its name to KFC?

They didn't do it to give my kids a break, they changed the name because they were breeding mutant chickens with extra-large breasts and additional legs. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration stepped in and told Kentucky Fried Chicken that the genetically engineered creatures they were producing on their poultry farms could not legally be marketed as "chicken." Rather than give up the lucrative sales of meat from their big-breasted, multi-legged fowl to adhere to FDA regulations, the company deftly sidestepped the problem by changing their name to "KFC," thus eliminating all mention of the word "chicken" from their menu and advertisements.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And here I was thinking they wanted to get away from the "fried is bad for you" stigma.

Speaking of this company, could they hire a worse ad agency? First, the Colonel gets a makeover from a slave-owning Republican to a cool, hip-hop old dude, and now somehow "Sweet Home Alabama" is supposed to trigger cravings of Kentucky Fried Chicken? Who are these ad wizards?