Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Poll - Worst Fag Rock Band?

last week I told Turnipblog readers that I made my daughter a mixed cd of songs that were on the radio the year she was born, 1999.

I response to one of those songs, You Get What You Give - New Radicals

Anonymous said... That New Radicals got in just under the wire to be the worst fag rock band with the worst album of the millenium. Don't subject your kid to that crap.

New Turnipblog Poll - Worst Fag Rock Band and Album?

That's 1 vote for New Radicals.

I will base my vote on pretentiousness of band name, album titles, song titles and lyrics.

I would vote for the song from several years ago with the lyric "... or am I oragami? ...", but I have no idea what the name of the song or band is.

Vote #2 goes to the band "Live".



I know, "Live" isn't that pretenious of a name, but OHHHH those album names were gay.

How about "Mental Jewelry" and "Throwing Copper".

Don't forget their 3rd album, which derived its name from a state of Hindu meditation, "Secret Samadhi".

I had assumed that these guys gave up music and went on to other careers years ago, until I saw them on TV last year singing a duet with Chris Daughtry, the fifth place finisher on American Idol.

Back to the name of the band. A little research shows that the name "Live" was only chosen because the original name of the band was too gay.

Before "Live" there was "Public Affection" who recorded and self-released a cassette of originals, titled "The Death of a Dictionary", in 1989.

Seriously. What other Rock band would actually name a song "The Dolphin's Cry"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hard to top Live for sheer pretentiousness. They play the same song over and over - the little bald guy does this whisper spoken word thing about dissidents and evidence or how it's easier not to be great or the placenta falling to the floor and then the chorus comes with guitar and drums. How deep and creative!

But the "New Radicals" lead singer's whiny, grating voice took them to an even higher level of fagdom.