Thursday, January 18, 2007

Seen #2 Twice

We are huge Gamecock Basketball fans.

This year the team is not very good. We have season tickets in the upper deck but have been able to move down to the first fifteen rows for every home game this year.

I have watched the Cocks get crushed by Clemson, cracked by Kansas, F-up against Florida and play sucky against Kentucky.

Last week UNC was #1, and Florida was #2 when I watched Florida beat the Gamecocks by 30.

This week Florida is #1 and UNC is #2 so I went to see UNC play last night in Clemsuck.



Clemsuck was ranked, undefeated at home, and have only lost one game.

7:00 game, ESPN.

Littlejohn was packed and the crowd was in a frenzy. Clemsuck Students had camped out for a week for tickets.

The UNC players were on the court waiting for tip-off, but the music kept playing and people were going crazy. That is when I had my best line of the night.

I screamed "Yeah, Yeah, we get it - this is a big game to you!"

The excitement lasted about 10 minutes before the Heels built up a 10 point lead.

At that point I heard The Best Line of the Night from a UNC fan.

"This ain't Wofford!"

The Heels cruised to another easy victory, leading by 20 for most of the second half.

Got home about midnight.

No comments: