Thursday, January 25, 2007

1999

My daughter Madeline was born in 1999. One year for her birthday I gave Madeline a mixed cd of songs that were on the radio in 1999.

1. 1999 - Prince
2. Rockstar - Smashmouth
3. This Kiss - Faith Hill
4. Never There - Cake
5. Mambo #5 - Lou Bega
6. Believe - Cher
7. Pretty Fly for a White Guy - Offspring
8. Livin La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
9. It's All Been Done - Bear Naked Ladies
10. Baby did a Bad Bad Thing - Chris Isaak
11. Man, I Feel Like A Woman = Shania Twain
12. Steal My Sunshine - Len
13. Busted Afternoon - Old 97's
14. Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz
15. You Get What You Give - New Radicals
16. Cowboy, Take me Away - Dixie Chicks
17. Nicotine and Gravy - Beck
18. Redneck Past - Ben Folds Five
19. Everybody's Free(To Wear Sunscreen) - Baz Luhrmann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kid was also born in 1999 and I remember putting on MTV at 4am with baby and a bottle of formula and hearing some of these songs. My favorite song of that year, though not appropriate for kids, was "Lit Up" by Buckcherry. "Beautiful Stranger" from the Spy Who Shagged Me soundtrack would have been good for your kid CD.