Sunday, July 30, 2006

Mobius Infused Lager

I like caffinated beverages.

I like alcoholic beverages.

I have often gone for several days at a time drinking nothing but caffinated and alcoholic beverages, evergy drinks, soft drinks and iced tea all day, then beer at night.

A couple of years ago, I went to a party at the home of Bart and Lindsay Yancey, In Charleston. Bart let me try an "energy beer" called Mobius. It was great. Bart claimed to know the guy who invented Mobius.

Fast forward to this summer. Lindsay called me and told me that she and bart, and a few of their friends, were going to rent an RV and drive to Manchester Tennesee for the Bonnaroo Music Festival. She wanted to know if they could leave a car in my driveway for a few days. I told her "yes".

It ends up that the car belonged to Rob, the Mobius guy, and Bart really knew him. When they returned from Bonnaroo, Rob gave me a t-shirt, some stickers, and some Mobius.

(from Mobius web site(link)) = Life's more fun when you're awake!

That's what inspired the folks at Mobius to create the world's first infused lager with TAURINE, GINSENG and CAFFEINE. As the beer-drinker's alternative to sweet-tasting energy drinks, Mobius is the perfect beer for late nights and happy hours.

Mobius is the perfect intersection of an old-world lager splashed with new-world fun, function, and style. Mobius is the only premium beer in the world that combines all the ingredients of a good time: spontaneity, high expectations and mo' fun.

After years of inspiration to create a beer that would not drag him down, Rob Spencer finally made the move in 2004. Being a bartender at the time, he saw the popularity of energy/alcohol creations that were just too sweet for his liking. Being a beer lover himself, he saw the need for a good tasting lager with added functions. After months of working on the ingredients, recipe, and taste Mobius Infused Lager hit the Charleston, SC bars in November of 2004. Since then, Mobius has spread throughout the South and is working its way up the east coast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never been able to drink more than one Mobius because I don't know the proper plural form of the word. Can I assume Mobii is correct and have a six pack?