Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Edisto - Turnip Jam

Every 4rth of July the Turnipseed family heads down to Edisto Beach for a week.

We are talking uncles, aunts, cousins, and kids of cousins (whatever they are called?).

This year we had a super jam session on the 4rth. It started with everyone as seen in these photos.





Then it started getting late and the bugs were biting big time. By about 11:00, only cousin Ryan was still playing the guitar and singing with about 5 of us watching and listening. After every song we would "judge".

Everyone else was Randy:
"It was just ahh-ite for me, I wasn't really feeling it."
"We got a hot one tonight, let me hear you dog pound."

I was Simon:
"You just served notice to the competition."
"It sounded like bad kareokee."

We were all drunk like Paula.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures... I ruled that plastic top notch drum!

That's it though I'm gonna have to convince my dad to get me an electronic kit so i can really play next time.

and if you see this comment Jeff.. my myspace is: http://www.myspace.com/tweak222

That should get you there if you haven't looked it up already. Anyway... it was great to get to go back to the beach again and we are planning to be there again next time.