Sunday, August 28, 2005

Gene Simmons, you are a "Liar", who shouldn't "Hold Your Head Up" in public. I take "Pleasure" in exposing a Rock School "Tragedy."

Last night we watched Gene Simmon's Rock School on VH1. It is a lame attempt to copy the Jack Black movie School of Rock. At one point, Simmons was standing in the school chapel, holding a guitar. Simmons told the kids "Here is a song that my band wrote." and then proceeded to play "God Gave Rock and Roll to You."

What a punk! Lying to a bunch of kids. Does he think that I am an idiot? "God Gave Rock and Roll to You" was written by guitarist Russ Ballard and first recorded, in 1973, by Rod Argent's band Argent (see Zombie's post, below).

Also, Jack Black is more of a legitimate musician than Gene Simmons; and Jack Black's band, Tenacious D blows Kiss away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, how has your wife failed to mention to me that you are obviously spending significant amounts of time on a blog??!! She's going to hear it from me. I have read a bunch of entries & laughed out loud many times -- of course, it helps that I know you.