Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Band I Hate is ...

I want you, the readers of Turnipblog, to answer the question.

Last week I asked for the "Worst Band Ever". The Worst Band Ever must be a band that someone actually likes. The band must be successful, have sold many cd's, maybe even have a Greatest Hits. Bruce Hornsby, for instance, would not even get consideration.

I voted for Bob Seger and to the extent they can be considered a seperate band, The Silver Bullet Band.

I only got one response, Jackson Brown.

I am going to make this easy and fun (potential new Turnipblog slogan):

What band do you hate? There is no wrong answer. Is there one band that other people like that you can't stand?

TURNIPBLOG SURVEY - What Band do you hate?*

***please leave a comment, responding to the TURNIPBLOG SURVEY***

11 comments:

The Zwicker said...

I just came across your blog on a random searches of other blogs and was considering a related issue this morning. It came to mind when I had my usual visceral reaction to anything by Bachman Turner Overdrive, which I nominate for Worst Band Ever, recording contract or not. They had the lamest beats, simplistic guitar playing and idiotic lyrics. By the way, I'm a huge music fan and Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band (yes, they count as one) have been my alltime favorite for many years.

Seed said...

How can you hate BTO (off the top of my head)

"When we come into a new town, everybody's there.
And when we play our music,
candles light the air.
And when the music's over,
You wonder where we are.
I'm standing in the silence,
with my old guitar (my only friend).

Rock is my life,
This is my song."

The Zwicker said...

Listen to "Taking Care of Business" and pay attention to the simplicity of the drumbeat. Enough said.

Anonymous said...

Mormon Tabernachle Choir.

Anonymous said...

Journey blows - cheeeesy cheeesy music and
crappy love ballads


JB

Seed said...

It was indeed a long Journey -

From rocking in Santana's band ...

... to sucking, having their own videogame, worst cheese-stache ever(Steve Perry in 80's), and Randy Jackson (of American Idol) playing bass with a Mohawk.

Anonymous said...

I think one of the worst bands ever is KISS. Great gimmick, great shows, great marketing--but a dreadful band. THeir music sucks horribly. Billy

Anonymous said...

Cake. I know how you feel about them but remember, there is no wrong answer.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, it's working. I now hate Seger whereas I only mildly disliked him before. Still think they should have played at your wedding.

Worst band ever? Not an easy question. There's lots of bad metal bands. I think you have to go with someone who's had some success. How about Survivor? It's not just "Eye of the Tiger", don't forget "I Can't Hold Back."

Anonymous said...

Foreigner is the worst ever. You couldn't go wrong picking some of the later hair-metal bands like Slaughter, either.

Anonymous said...

Not really a band but John Cougar Mellencamp makes me cringe. I don't care that he participates in Farm Aid. I don't care that I am also from Ohio. He's just freakin horrible. Seger is ok if you're a trucker or something.

BTW. this word verification for anon users is lame.

John Robinson