Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bowl of slaw?

Went to lunch at a pool hall called "The Palace". Some of the greasiest food in Columbia, and I mean that as a compliment because grease = taste. Fries just taste soooo much better cooked in the same grease that chicken has been fried in.

Anyway, while waiting on my chicken fried steak sandwich, an old guy walked up to the the counter. When the owner asked this man what he wanted he replied "I will just start with a big bowl of slaw." Later I saw the same man seated at a table and he was indeed, eating a bowl of slaw (shredded cabbage mixed with vinegar and mayo, pictured at right).

Before I left "The Palace" I noticed that the man had moved again and was seated across a chess board from another man, this time he had some tea and was eating a hot dog.

No comments: