Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Disney World Guide - MGM

If you got young boys, MGM has got some great stuff. Here is my 3 step plan to enjoy MGM

1. Enter the park as soon as the gates open at 9:00 and proceed to the ABC studios building. Pretty soon Lighting McQueen and Mater come driving out for photos. If you are at the front of the line you will get a photo at just about the time the Power Rangers appear. There were 5 of them and they all signed autographs and posed for photos. The Power Rangers had a car parked near by with giant speakers that blasted japa-instrumental-rock.

2. Do everything else in the park that looks good in no particular order.

Make sure you catch the afternoon parade at 3:00.

Get a fast-pass for Voyage of The Little Mermaid. Go to Playhouse Disney, the Great Movie Ride, Star Wars ride, Aerosmith Rocking Coaster, and Muppets 3-D.

Don`t miss the Car stunt show and the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. Warning - there is staged fighting and small children might not understand "stunts". As we were walking out of this show, Sam sucker-punched me right in the face.

Animation Studio is good and at the end you get to meet The Incredibles and have a computer tell you what disney character you are most like.

3. Get into the Fantasmic stadium at least an hour before the show. Either bring dinner in with you that you bought outside (totally acceptable), or let Mom and kids get good seats while dad goes back out for dinner.

*****BEER IS SERVED INSIDE THE FANTASMIC STADIUM*****

There was one signature photo-op at MGM that parents were generraly more excited about than the kids...

Darth Vader! When we saw Vader, I had to be in the photo also.

When I got up there with Darth and the 2 Stormtroopers, I was taller than they were. You can see in the photo that I am bending my knees.

Right before Cyndy snapped the photo I said "Aren't you a Little Short For A Storm Trooper?" and the Stormtrooper who was on my left, behind me, wheeled around and got right in my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is the best photo on turnipblog!! You & Madeline look priceless.