Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Mixed CD's for Kids - 1969 Volume 3

It is a common problem. The music that you like is inappropriate for children and/or your kids hate your music. Likewise, kids music makes you want to puke.

The Solution - My Mixed CD's For Kids (or kid friendly (or (kf))) cd's.

Here is the song list for 1969 Volume 3, the third CD that I made to show my kids that the music on the radio the year that I was born is much better than today's music.

1. A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker
2. Just A Little Lovin' - Dusty Springfield
3. On The Road Again - Canned Heat
4. Midnight Special - CCR
5. Stand - Sly Stone
6. You Are My Sunshine - Johnny Cash
7. Something In The Air - Thunderclap Newman
8. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight - Hollies
9. I Gotta Be Me - Sammy Davis Jr.
10. Behind The Painted Smile - Isley Brothers
11. The Windmills of Your Mind-Petula Clark
12. Mother Popcorn - James Brown
13. Laughing - Guess Who
14. Everybody's Talkin At Me - Harry Nillson
15. Goo Goo Barabajagal - Donovan w/ Jeff Beck Group
16. I'm Gonna Make You Mine - Lou Christie
17. See Me, Feel Me - The Who
18. It Don't Matter To Me - Bread
19. Oh Well (part 1)- Fleetwood Mac
20. Do You Feel It Too - Poco
21. Let It Be - Beatles

I desperately want to sing some of these songs for you, but audioblogger has been disabled and I don't know how to do audioposts anymore.

So, I will give some facts and lyrics for one of the songs:

Oh Well, by Fleetwood Mac.

I can't help it about the shape I'm in.
I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.
But don't ask me what I think of you.
I might not give you answers that you want me to.

Oh well...

Now when I talk to God, I knew he'd understand.
He said stick by me and I'll be your guiding hand.
But don't ask me what I think of you.
I might not give you answers that you want me to.

Oh well...


In 1969, Fleetwood Mac was a successful Blues band known for their raucous stage shows. Their albums consistently sold about 300,000 copies and they were known as outstanding musicians. When Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham joined the band in 1974, they changed their sound and became one of the best-selling bands ever. Until then, this was the only Fleetwood Mac song that charted.

The single was released in 2 parts. Radio stations usually play the A-side, "Oh Well (part 1)." The B-side is "Oh Well (part 2)," an orchestral piece that sounds completely different. Both parts were written by Peter Green and go together on the album.

The stop and start technique inspired Led Zeppelin to do the same thing on "Black Dog." Jimmy Page and The Black Crowes did a version of this for their 2000 album Live At The Greek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sux that you can't sing anymore.