Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Great Mix Tapes - Juju Eyeball

I had a friend in college named Brian who loved the Beatles, particularly John Lennon. Brian had even based his hair style on a photo of John Lennon.

Before I met Brian, I was a casual Beatles fan who had heard Sgt. Peppers and "Stars-On-45 Beatles Medley".

Brian changed all that with one tremendous Beatles Mix Tape, Juju Eyeball. Juju Eyeball was named after a line in the song "Come Together" from the album Abbey Road.

Last week on the way to day-care I was playing a Beatles Studio Bootleg (link) called Acoustic Submarine. Madeline really liked one of the songs and now I have to play it once or twice, every morning. Madeline sings and Sam air-guitars.

I remembered when I had first heard that song...

Juju Eyeball

this is an audio post - click to play

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were there follow-up mix tapes titled "Mojo Filter" or perhaps "Toe Jam Football?" You know you've made it big when you can just throw random shit in a song and have a hit. Kind of like the Chili Peppers song when Keidis makes fake Chinese sounds and talks about his Johnson in Wisconsin.