Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Best Cartoon Ever

I used to dress up in a costume every year for Halloween. I would try to make my own costume if possible. That all stopped one Halloween while I was in law school. I don't remember the exact year, but it was right in the midlle of the OJ Simpson Trial.

That Halloween I came up with my best costume ever.

A costume based on perhaps the Single Best Cartoon Ever

A costume that also involved my girlfriend (now wife) Cyndy.

A costume that ended up costing about $50 to construct, what with the lampshade, spray paint, and felt.

A costume that I entered into the MBA/Lawschool Haloween Party costume contest.

A costume that came in third place in that same costume contest.

A costume that got beaten by "Jamaican Bobsled Team", which was 2 or 3 guys walking around with dreadlock wigs on who were attached at the waist by a fake bobsled.

A costume that also got beat by 4 or 5 guys walking around in black robes with fake beards, "Judge Ito's".



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bugs Bunny maybe, but what the hell are you supposed to be?

Cass is the queen of hearts, obviously, but I can't figure out the chick on her right. Edie Brickell?

Anonymous said...

I believe Jeff is Elmer Fudd, whose most famous line from the cartoon, What's Opera, Doc? was

"Oh, Bwunehiwda, you're so wuvwee"--

So Cyndy is Bwunehiwda

He is Elmer playing Siegfried and is out to kill da wabbit with his spear and magic helmet--or lampshade or whatever.

Unknown said...

That's really creative. Good work there.

Seed said...

That is why I was so disheartened when we lost to "Judge Ito's" and have never made a costume since.

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! My pic is on the internet!

Anonymous said...

Eddie Brickell?