Thursday, December 01, 2005

UNC Haters meet Tyler Hansbrough

I know that people hate UNC Tar Heel Basketball. It doesn't bother me. Just like it doesn't bother Duke students that their families back in New Jersey hate Duke.

I hate Duke Basketball more than any other sports thing. Why? The reasons too numerous to list here. (see the following posts: Anti Duke Manifesto; Truth About Duke) One reason that I hate Duke is because they are so damn good every single year. I know that is also why people hate UNC Basketball.

I also realize that some players are more hate-able than others, take Rasheed Wallace for example. Even in the rare "off-year" when Duke isn't ranked in the top five in the national polls, the Blue Devils lead the nation in hate-able players. I think that Duke wants to be hated as part of their strategy. I think Coack K purposefully recruits Ferry's and Laetner's, Thomas Hills's, Snyder's, Wojo's, Collins's, Re-ddick's ... see, Duke hatred is overcoming me and throwing me off my game ...

The point of all this is that Heels haters are really going to love to hate new UNC center, Freshman Tyler Hansbrough. I am a UNC grad, the season is only 5 games old, and I am already sick of hearing Dick Vitale talk about Hansbrough.

No comments: