Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Here Comes Turnipblog.

I have been getting reports that the background of Turnipblog looks blue instead of white.

You see the Site Meter thingy on the side bar there on the right. If I click that and enter my password, I can see who looks at Turnipblog and where they are located and a number of other things.

Well I went out and visited some people who regularly read Turnipblog and I looked at Turnipblog and sure enough, Turnipblog looked blue.

I checked the montiors, same result.

How can this be when I know Turnipblog's background has always been white?

I don't know who is familiar with the doppler effect.

No, The doppler effect isn't the bed-sores developed by people who sit down all day watching the Weather Channel, it is the way sound or light wavelengths are compressed or stretched out when the source is moving in relation to the observer.


When a source of light is moving away from you, the wavelengths are stretched out and the visible spectrum will be red-shifted.

When a source of light is moving toward you, the wavelengths are compressed and the visible spectrum will be blue-shifted.

So, if Turnipblog looks blue to you....

Turnipblog is moving toward you!

More investigation forthcoming.

No comments: