Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sarc Lessons - Introduction

Me and my friends invented a new language while we were at Irmo High School called Sarc.

Sarc is very easy to learn and fun to use.

My younger sister, Jeny Turnipseed, fell in love with Sarc and she and her friends all learned Sarc.

After I graduated Irmo, it became the official language of the Irmo Hi-Steppers.

My wife, Cyndy, heard Sarc years before I ever met her while she was at Wofford College. Cyndy heard Kendall Wilson, a friend of my sister, speaking Sarc at Wofford. They called it "Irmese", but it was Sarc.

Wanna learn Sarc?

The first rule of Sarc is that you say the opposite of what you actually mean, and you say it in a sarcastic voice.

Lets Practice

Q = Say "I like Led Zeppelin." in Sarc.

A = "Led Zepplin Sucks."

Did you remember your sarcastic voice?

Try another one

Q = Say "I am hungry." in Sarc.

A = "I'm not at all hungry right now."

Keep Practicing, More Sarc lessons to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was Sheri McElveen, not Kendall who first introduced me to Sarc aka Irmese. She told the story of Humpty Dumpty to us without using any natural language.

Anonymous said...

Side splitting belly laughs as I read that entry. We we had children my husband made me swear I would not te4ach them or ever speak to them in that stupid Hi-stepper language. That's going to happen - 8...