Sunday, December 10, 2006

1975 - Have You Never Been Mellow

I have been highlighting some of the best mixed tapes/mixed cd's that I have made over the years.

My kid-friendly cd's are appropriate for the youngest ears, yet good enough to listen to even when kids are not in the car.

The 70's is my favorite music decade.

Have You Never Been Mellow is a kid-friendly mixed cd that I made highlighting the mellow music from 1975. You start this cd in the minivan when it is time for the kids to nap or go night-night, and mom and dad keep listening even after the kids are asleep.

1. Have You Never Been Mellow - Olivia Newton John
2. Sarah Smile - Hall and Oats
3. Black Water - Doobie Brothers
4. Sister Golden Hair - America
5. Dream Weaver - Gary Wright
6. How Sweet It Is - James Taylor
7. Send In The Clowns - Judy Collins
8. Time In a Bottle - Jim Croche
9. Love Hurts - Nazareth
10. Lady - Styx
11. I'm Not In Love - 10cc
12. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon
13. Can't Get It Out Of My Head - ELO
14. Boogie On Reggae Woman - Stevie Wonder
15. How Long - Ace
16. Dance With Me- Orleans
17. Sailing - Rod Stewart
18. Blue Red and Grey - The Who
19. Miracles - Jefferson Airplane

Now some trivia:

Lady is one of the cheesiest songs from one of the cheesiest bands. I seem to recall a scene from the Simpsons where Lady is playing in Hell as Charon is shuttling people across the river STYX.

The singer for Ace is Paul Carrack who sings the Squeeze song Tempted and was one of the "Mechanics" in the 80's band Mike and the Mechanics

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't see how you keep from hitting your head on the steering wheel with this playlist. Just thinking about these tunes, I can barely finish this seTana[an[a. . . . .