Monday, March 06, 2006

Good Music - Old 97's

The Old 97's are one of my favorite bands. Old 97's are an Altertnative Country Rock band from Texas(think Uncle Tupelo or Jayhawks).

Old 97's have been around since 1993, but I discovered them on the internet in 1999.

My wife and kids love the Old 97's. The lead singer, Rhett Miller, is good looking, and the lyrics and music are catchy. I have yet to see Old 97's live, but I will some day soon. I have a few Old 97's soundboards, and the band sounds great live.

I bought the Old 97's CD Fight Songs, when it came out in 1999. The very Kinks-ish song Murder (Or a Heart Attack) from Fight Songs got some radio airplay.

I bought Satellite Rides, when it came out in 2001. Satellite Rides is probably my favorite Old 97's CD.

I bought Drag It Up, the latest Old 97's CD, when it came out in 2004. Won't be Home, The New Kid, and Bloomington are my favorite songs on Drag It Up.

I will now perform the Old 97's song Question, from Satellite Rides as featured on the TV show Scrubs when Turk proposed to Carla.
this is an audio post - click to play

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am starting to think that you should lie about your age, much like the Janis Joplin look alike in the AI auditions, and audition next year for American Idol! I would totally vote for you!